April 13, 2011

Getting through it

Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.

As the days are approaching my husbands last cycle at Fort Benning will begin, that's only IF he doesn't get to go to Ranger School (either because it's full, or he gets pulled back again). I hope he just gets into this school, he's been trying to get into Pathfinder for about 4 different start dates, but can't ever get in. I'm hoping he will be able to get Ranger school done before we leave for Alaska. 


But that's not the point. The point is why do I want my husband to be gone for 2 months with no contact, should I be sad? Because I'm not. I want him to succeed in his career and to get his Ranger tab. I don't want to be the wife that keeps him back from doing his job and learning everything he can. Part of me of course will miss him but I know that he will be doing great. 


What bothers me is when wives are FREAKING out because their husband is gone in training, or doing something else when he is just doing is job. The other day a friend made a GREAT comment on the Fort Benning Facebook. Explaining that basic trainee wives should be thankful for the volunteering of taking and posting photos of their significant others.  Which is true, before Facebook their would be NO photo's. Their husbands are not in danger, and they are training to do their jobs and protect our country. WHY would these significant others FREAK about their husband gone, they are in for a RUDE awaking because that is what their life will become. 


I know that when my husband is gone for training, or schools he is learning more and becoming a better soldier. He will keep himself and others safer from the knowledge he will be getting at schools. I wouldn't want them to be distracted with cameras, that just takes away their focus. I think that this whole obsession with Facebook photos of training soldiers is disgusting. 

When they start training, the significant other is starting to learn what being along side their spouse means. Being strong for them, supporting them and understanding this is their job is the first step. If the one along side their husband is strong, their husband will be stronger. 


I'm just saying it takes A LOT of strength and willingness to be a military spouse. People don't realize the importance of the spouse and their actions.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love, let me know there's people reading!