November 16, 2010

Positive thinking to finish my negativity

All meaningful and lasting change starts first in your imagination and then works its way out. Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Albert Einstein

Today was absolutely not a good day for me at my appointment for my new psychiatrist. To sum it up here's what she said " I only work certain hours, you won't be able to get a hold of me at any other hours, I do not work on call, and I am not a miracle worker, you might not be healed. She also felt like adding in that my health problems 'shouldn't be causing my depression or negative thought', hence she thought being in the hospital on a monthly basis oh & she doesn't believe in using medication to heal someone. She won't take me off my anti depressant that DOESN'T work, and she also doesn't want to change my anxiety medicine.
So after crying in her office for the only one hour appointment I will have with her, I left. Crying, pissed and couldn't stand her.

So my thoughts to her: screw her, she's pathetic and should NOT be practicing any type of mental health practice.

I want to be happy, I want to be on medication that WORKS, not 7 different pills that haven't done anything. It's absolutely irritating and upsetting. SO.. On that note:

Live life fully while you're here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You're going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don't try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human.
Anthony Robbins

3 comments:

  1. The behavior of this woman is shocking! She should not be practicing if she is this cynical of her field. I hope you're able to find someone else who cares about their clients and will help you out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you!
    Please follow back
    http://realmomreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fire her and get a new psychiatrist, she doesn't deserve your money since she is pushing her view on you. You are not her, and there is something called patient rights. You have a right to see a different doctor, and it sounds like the crap she is giving you isn't helping. Btw, you know what is best for you. Find a psychiatrist that will listen to you and who you trust.

    Sorry to hear you are going through this, I can't imagine what it is like. I work in a Hospice and see people who are dying... if we just said, "ah we'll they're dying they should be a little depressed." Like they are suppose to be depressed or something then we wouldn't really be helping them. If you're medical issues are making you depressed then you have every right to say this is why I feel depressed. That may not be the only reason, but you're psychiatrist sounds like she doesn't give you any credit. Who the hell is she anyways? Just because her title starts with a DR. doesn't mean she is right. Sounds like you have personality differences. I hope you find the strength to pick yourself a new psychiatrist.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, let me know there's people reading!