Well, first off thank you to Lunesta supposedly a sleeping pill, but according to night number three of 3 hours of sleep. So sorry to my blog friends, but now I need to waste my time (4am now)and make my list for before my PARENTS COME! 2 days and counting, then the night they come were going to The Philips Arena for the NBA game Hawks vs. Orlando.
Thoughts about the dinners, to do lists or any advice to make a perfect visit for my parent's is highly appreciated. Did I miss anything? I'm loosing my mind aren't I? Help me make this perfect, it's the first Christmas married in our Home, with my family.
SO if anyone has any ideas to make their trip better or to prepare for my FIRST CHRISTMAS at my HOUSE with family, advice and wisdom is appreciated and begged for.
Target to return the dumb carry on bag that doesn't even hold my LAPTOP! Pick up my soldier's car
- Super clean house (other than vacuum we are steam cleaning all our carpets tomorrow on our own)
- Fix the broken Christmas lights on our roof *that's the husbands job*
- Call Direct TV (even though I don't want to) because they didn't debit our account
- Pick up tickets and overnight them to a friend for their sports event
Pier 1 to return the over priced items they sell! Fix the Blue Ribbons I decorated on the doors for my Jewish Parent's room
- Paint the house & fix all the dent's (thanks to our disastrous but adorable dogs)
Put up the awesome "Beware of Dogs Sign" on our gate *note I had to beg for a $3 sign! Put the boxes away to the garage, who the heck has 10 boxes of Christmas crap in their house after everything is decorated
- Prepare for Parents, Christmas, Basketball Game, and New Years...
- Then PACK for my trip to NY to meet my biological family, which I'm nervous, scared but SO excited.
- Practice making Portobello Mushroom Ravioli with Prawns (Christmas Eve Dinner) & Raspberry Rugelach (my mom loves the chocolate, so maybe I'll surprise her!).
I need suggestions for Christmas Dinner, and things to do for people who DESPISE the cold.. (Were hitting 19* here at Fort Benning, so my Californian
The Menu For X-Mas Eve
For the entire night: Holiday Punch
To start it off : Spinach Appetizers
Salad: Spring SaladMain Dish: Portobello Mushroom Ravioli with Prawns
Side Dish: Almond Broccoli Stir-Fry
Desert: Pumpkin Roll
The Menu For X-Mas Dinner
For the entire night: Hot Spiced Cranberry Cider
To start it off : Spinach PinwheelsMain Dish: Incredible Chicken It includes brown sugar too)
Side Dish: Sesame Green Beans
Desert: Low Fat Brownies (Mom Approved)