January 1, 2011

New Years 2010-2011

 Little Things:
"One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: To rise about the little things." - John Burroughs
My  Facebook status of New Years Day.
2010 consisted of a wedding, honeymoon, rehab,15 ER Visits: 2011 WILL consist of a healthy woman taking care of the necessary surgeries, and church with friends, and a PCS in August to (Carson) most probably.. I am so thankful for this year to be over soon
New Years Day:
The Disasters:
  • Christmas Tree fell over 3 times
  • Our personalized ornament broke
  • A whole lot of temper tantrums
The Good:
  • I found my mom's glasses & phone
  • We bought a ton of fireworks
  • My best friend and her husband will be coming over soon to celebrate
  • Listened to my favorite band of all time while hanging out (The Beatles)
Me relaxing outside
New Years Family Bonding Time
Family missing my dad ( he took the pic)
  • The Good 
    • Amazing friends over, first & hopefully not last New Years with them.
    • Oldies Music, fireworks, great food *Thanks Dana*, awesome strong jello shots
    • AND EVEN BETTER NO INJURIES OR BURNS (although we have a burn routine down thanks to my burn in February, these friends were the ones who did everything do help us) 
    •  Had a PJ party, and all got to wear our comfiest clothes (PJs/Sweats)
    • Having my best friend help clean after I fell asleep
    • Me, Dana and my m
The Bizarre 
    • Had 5 dogs, and 6 adults running around like crazy
    • Somehow my husband had the great idea of screaming "boom" 
    • My Father's inner child coming out 
  • The Bad 




  • One of the famous fires of the night 









    • Encountered a few minor mishaps
    • at least 10 fires 
    • Trying to control the boys and the dogs (but it was so fun)
    • I ended up in pain around 1, took 2 pain pills and crashed out on the couch then got moved by my amazing husband and someone else  





Overall, New Years was great, and although I had  very rough year in 2010, and I know I have a lot or procedures in 2011. I have grown to accept that this is the life God has given me, because I am strong enough to handle the challenges of life.I will move on from the past, and live for today.
 
Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.
Cherokee Proverb
The New Year Kisses

My husband and I

 Best Friend Dana and John

 My Parents <3 they are to cute.





 

3 comments:

  1. We had sooo much fun! Awesome night ... I think the best New Years Eve I've had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh the pictures are great & happy new year to you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen I just discovered your blog on and wanted to drop by and say hi. I really like your blog, and I am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, let me know there's people reading!