February 8, 2011

Life Lessons

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.
-Reba McEntire
I absolutely love this quote from Reba, I think its so perfect and to the point. Life is about wishing, hoping and praying for the best, but you got to keep your head up, and a strong backbone so you don't get walked all over... But in the end, sometimes you just gotta let loose, laugh it up and enjoy it because every time your sad is just moments of your life wasted away.

Today was a rough day, I'm having a hard time trying to launch my Avon Campaign and with no money for gas I really couldn't go out and try to "promote" my line. I spoke with my lead representative and we decided were going to do like a "coming out"/ "grand opening" party at my house. And what's this for? So everyone can test out the products, see what its about, and enjoy food, wine and AWESOME people.

Anyways, today.. We both had a rough day because we're both sick with private crud (GROSS), so were both cranky, and sick. He worked all day, I worked on looking for a job, setting up my campaign, and read. I also tried to rest off my crappy feeling of sickness. Marriage counseling tonight went horrible, imagine to cranky, emotional, sick and overwhelmed people in a tiny room with a silent therapist.. Oh geeze.

I'm afraid that he thinks I won't be able to handle military life, when that's not the case at all. He says I won't be able to handle deployments, and ect. But its not the military life, its the marriage. We need to fix our communication together, and bring the love we have for each other to be our main focus. My best friend made me realize its not HIS debt or MY debt, its OUR debt, and we have to start thinking that way.
(Sometimes I don't know what I would do with out Dana)...

I've also started ACTIVELY looking for roommates (2), and got a few responses today but it seems like so many of the sites want money, and they won't be receiving that from us! I'm just looking for someone to fill the rooms for 6 months before we leave so we can make some extra cash, pay down debt and be prepared for Alaska's complete different atmosphere.

Lastly, I signed up for a book club on Tuesday nights and Bible Study Saturdays at 5pm. I'm so proud of my self for opening my eyes to a new universe through a different point of view that was meant to be. Now everyone tells me to believe in God, but when I'm hitting the floor more and more I wonder when will I get brought back up. With my heath, a job, finances, my marriage and gaining friendships.

A Prayer I found offline:
O God! Refresh and gladden my spirit. Purify my heart. Illumine my powers.
I lay all my affairs in Thy hand. Thou art my Guide and my Refuge. I will no longer be sorrowful and grieved; I will be a happy and joyful being.
O God! I will no longer be full of anxiety, nor will I let trouble harass me. I will not dwell on the unpleasant things of life.
O God! Thou art more friend to me than I am to myself. I dedicate myself to Thee, O Lord.




1 comment:

  1. Yay for book club and Bible study!! I love both that I'm a part of :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, let me know there's people reading!